No I'm not pregnant! 2 weekends ago I was craving vegetables. (I know, how weird is that?) I threw in a pizza and then made my zesty green beans and onions and had a big bowl of them first, before I ate any pizza. Weird.
RECIPE: Zesty Green Beans- thank you Mom!
**Note: Have anyone that doesn't like green beans? This might be your ticket. It worked for Josh- this is the only way he'll eat 'em.
Saute in 1-2 T. oil-
1/2 Onion, halved and sliced
When the onions are close to done, add
1- 14 oz. bag french-cut green beans, frozen.
Put the lid on for a couple minutes, then remove it for the last few minutes to evaporate the water.
Sprinkle SEASON-ALL all over, stir. Enjoy.
I was also wanting use up some other things I had in the fridge so I made some apple crisp, and some Broccoli Salad. I used the Apple Crisp recipe from EveryDay Food Magazine- good one Martha!
Broccoli Salad- a somewhat strange salad, if you just look at the ingredients (broccoli, raisins, bacon, green onions, mayo/vinegar/sugar dressing), but mix it all up and give it a try. You might be surprised. This is a family tradition, thank you to Aunt Melanie. We have it with every Christmas Eve family get together meal.
Oh, and a couple days before all of this I was trying to use up the rice krispies I had, so I made Rice Krispie Treats, but I added a couple drops of red food coloring to them, so they turned out PINK! I felt like Martha for a minute there. :)
And, my last entry of cooking was when I finished off that box of rice krispies by making Scotcharoos (minus the scotch, add peanut butter chips instead). Thank you Shelly- this has been well-used.
I was going to post ALL the recipes, but time constraints encourage me otherwise. If anyone wants any of those recipes, drop me a line and I'll post it/them.
1 comment:
Thanks for the nice compliments and for putting my button on your blog! I got so excited when I saw it because I get so happy if people enjoy my photographs. Thanks!
Post a Comment