
You've probably all seen or had this Nestle recipe before, I have, many times. If you have not, stop whatever you're doing and make it now! Really! It's super easy and your family will ADORE you for it. Josh admitted it's one of his most favorite, if not THE favorite, sweets recipe I make. Here's why-
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24-36 bars
aka outrageous cookie bars
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 c. is PLENTY of chocolate chips, even for me. I find about 1 c. is sufficient...did I just say that?) ;P
1 c. flaked coconut
1 c. walnuts, chopped (we are generally a house with "no nuts on our sweets" so we skip this ingredient)
1. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Melt butter in 9x13 pan in oven; remove from oven. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter. Stir well; press onto bottom of pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, coconut & walnuts; press down firmly.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
No comments:
Post a Comment