Monday, September 27, 2010

chicken milan

This is a super yummy, easy dinner. I modified it a little (I know, I can't believe it either!) from the original recipe which involves serving it with a garlic sauce-type linguine. I just didn't want the carbs from the pasta today so I switched it up and it was yummy!

1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. dried basil
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. black pepper
1/2 t. dried parsley
1 t. salt
2 eggs
2 T. olive oil
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips

Directions
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, basil, garlic powder, black pepper, parsley and salt. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Dredge chicken strips in flour mixture, then dip in eggs.

In a skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve with a side of vegetables and/or noodles. (This is great over noodles and probably would be be delicious on a green salad.)
 
Yield: 6 servings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...