Wednesday, November 2, 2011

pumpkin patch

Mr. Jackson is LOVING his 1st year of preschool. I'll admit, I was a little nervous about him starting; he's not as out-going as his sister and I thought he might not take to it very easily, but I'm glad I was wrong! He is really loving it and is eager to go (twice a week). His teacher even said, "Oh yeah, he's one of our talkers."!! I was shocked! He's generally reserved and pretty quiet around strangers but it seems he's taken to preschool rather quickly and is happy and confident and I couldn't be happier.

His little class does just a couple field trips and this trip to the Pumpkin Patch was his 1st one. I was so happy I was able to go with him, just the two of us. :)

He's made a bosum buddy, we'll call him Mr. T (to protect his identity) ;)
It's so cute. As soon as we get to preschool, Jax starts looking for and asking for T. And then Mr. T walks in and does the same thing. And, quite regularly, Mr. T will come over and ask me if he can come play at my house sometime. We will have to do that.

Anyway, this is a shot of THE DUO waiting for our hayride to the Pumpkin Patch.
(I love Jax' hand on his hip and that little smirk- it almost says "sheesh Mom. Another picture?") hehe
Here we are headed out on our hayride. Of course, we had to sit next to Mr. T and his Dad.
It was pretty fun. Each child and parent were able to pick 4 apples (red and yellow delicious), 2 gourds, and a pumpkin for $7. Jackson is so funny. He's all business! We'd hop off the wagon and he'd grab whatever apples and gourds were the closest. That way he could be done. He was more worried about what Mr. T was doing or playing tag or hide and seek with him than being on the field trip. Silly kids! I know he did really enjoy the hayride and seeing the orchards decorated for Halloween with ghosts and spider webs, etc.


When it came time to pick his pumpkin, at first he and Mr. T were on the hunt for the BIGGEST one they could find. But, once he realized there weren't any HUGE pumpkins, he settled on this one. Looks like a good one to me.


Just him and his pumpkin.


His cute little class of fellow "Honey Bears" (8 boys, 4 girls). He doesn't have his pumpkin to hold because he didn't want to. He gave me his bag with his picks and let me take care of it.

Me and my big boy
Jackson thought it'd be funny to take a picture of ME with my camera. Not bad!
All in all, it was a fun morning outing. They even gave us applesauce and apple cider at the end of the hayride, which he REALLY liked. Then he wanted to go up to the shop and take some cider home for Daddy and Alivia (he's so thoughtful). And they were happy we did! Yumm!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun that you got to join him on this field trip! I love it. I also can't decide who Jackson looks like, but I'm thinking you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...