One warm July morning, the kids and I made some tie-dye shirts. I think they came out pretty well! Check out this site for more cool tie-dye techniques.
Supplies:
I bought a VIBRANT (v. classic colors) tie-dye kit at JoAnn's and white shirts for all in the family (pre-wash before you start).
Getting ready:
I laid out some clean garbage bags as my working surface, then a couple layers of paper towels on top.
Here are some of the techniques we used:
Daddy's Bullseye Shirt
Alivia's freeform/crumple shirt. Just lay out and scrunch up a bit before you add the initial and splotches
Jackson's Bullseye shirt and Mommy's Swirl Shirt
Levi's shirt (not pictured) was a variation of the Fold technique
It was pretty easy and fun to do. We all enjoy wearing them as our pajama shirts or just around the house. Lookin' spiffy! Yes, I said spiffy. ;)



