Monday, February 18, 2013

valentine's day dinner

Our WHOLE family has been looking forward to Valentine's day this year.

Because it's been requested MULTIPLE times (since I made them last year) to make Oreo Truffles for valentine's day this year. Of course, those were for dessert, alongside our strawberries.

But the MAIN event, that I personally was excited for was: Penne Rustica!!!! This is one of my most favorite foods from one of my favorite restaurants and this recipe PULLS IT OFF FLAWLESSLY! Honestly! It's so amazing to me that I can make this amazing dish PERECTLY right in my own home. So write this recipe down because it's AMAZING!

This year I added {Macaroni Grill} Rosemary Olive Oil Bread to the line-up and was thoroughly pleased. Oh and don't forget to get a little bowl to pour olive oil, balsalmic vinegar & freshly ground pepper into so you can dip your bread in it. It's so very tasty!

Possibly one of the biggest highlights of the night, other than having Aunt Bekah with us :) was that we had candles on our dinner table. The kids thought it was so magical, especially Levi. He thought the "tandles" were so pretty and you could tell he knew they were special.

We had a great night enjoying great food and great family together. I love being with the ones I love, especially on Valentine's Day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...