Sunday, August 25, 2013

{new & improved} Cafe Rio Chicken

After trying my old Cafe Rio Chicken recipe, I decided it was not the one for me, so I set out to find a new version and I have been SO VERY PLEASED with this one! Thank you to The Crafted Sparrow for sharing it with me. It's super simple and SO delicious!

Ingredients:
The original source for this recipe can be found HERE at Mandy's Recipe Box, I decided to increase my spice levels a bit from the original recipe.
- 2lbs Chicken Breast or Chicken Thighs 
- 1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix (mixed with 1/2 cup water)
- 1 Cup Kraft Tuscan House Italian Dressing 
  (the original recipe called for regular zesty Italian, but I prefer the one I used...so you pick what you'd like)
- 1 Tbs Minced Garlic 
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbs Ground Cumin
Directions:
  1. Place all your ingredients in a crockpot (best part of cooking this). 
  2. Cook on high 5-6 hours or on low for 8 hours.  I prefer to cook it on low, but when you use chicken thighs instead of breasts your chicken will be tender and moist either way.  
  3. When chicken is done use two forks to shred the chicken and let it sit a bit in those yummy juices
  • You can use this recipe for nachos, tacos, salads, enchiladas, quesadillas, so many choices!
  • It's also great for freezing, so if you make lots of meals for new moms or a quick dinner idea make a double or triple batch like I did and it's ready to go when you need it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...