Wednesday, October 2, 2013

countdown to Disney World!

We've been anticipating our trip to Disney World for this WHOLE YEAR! The kids thought we were going in November or December, but after getting a GREAT DEAL we surprised them and went in September!

To make the waiting more fun, and get us all revved up to go I made this cute Disney World Countdown. I patterned it after this one I found on Pinterest. I think it turned out pretty cute.
 Inside each link, was at least 1 activity for the day. Some were questions, crafts, or games.  Here's a look at some of the links.
To keep my sanity, I wrote the day on each link, I took a picture of all the links and made a note so I'd know when we were doing what so I could have the necessary supplies ready. That was a GREAT IDEA and I was very glad I did.

I wrapped the Countdown in a box in 3 layers of wrapping paper and let each kiddo unwrap 1 layer. Then we opened it up together. I must admit I was a little disappointed with the reaction, but it was mostly because the boys didn't understand. Once Alivia realized we had moved up our trip to September then we got a great reaction from her, and that was awesome!

I know the kids, and even us grown-ups were excited to pull off the link for the next day. We all were getting excited.

 Here's a list of our countdown activities (in no particular order; many of them came from "A Little Tipsy"):


Sing your favorite Disney song
Make MickeyMousse for dessert
Make Disney characters out of playdoh
Make Mickey pancakes
Find the hidden mickeys around the house for a prize
Play Disneygames on the computer
Which 3 characters do you most want to meet?
Name 3 rides you are most excited for.
Disney movie night
Hop around the house like Tigger.
What’s your favorite Disney movie?
Count your souvenir money
Play Red Light, Green Light with Disney songs
Read a Disney story
Pack your bags! We leave tomorrow!

Here's a trip down memory lane of our last trip to Disney World.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...