Wednesday, November 13, 2013

{our best bites} hot fudge sauce

Our Alivia is not a big CAKE eater, so for her birthday, she requested my Mud Pie in place of cake. I did the same thing for my 8th birthday! Keeping the tradition alive. ;)

 I tried this Hot Fudge recipe from Our Best Bites for the hot fudge portion of my mud pie. It was PHENOMENAL!  I'm keeping this one!

Recipe & picture from Our Best Bites
Hot Fudge Sauce

Ingredients:
3oz semi-sweet chocolate* (3 squares of baking chocolate, or about 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 C butter
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk

*I wouldn’t use milk chocolate for this, it’s way too sweet, however both dark and bittersweet are awesome.


Instructions:
1. If you’re using baking squares, chop them up into small pieces so they melt easier. I chop the butter up into small chunks too.

2. Okay, it’s not rocket science. Put everything in a pan on medium heat and melt it all together till it’s smooth, creamy, and just looking at it gives you happy thoughts.

3. If you have leftovers (but let’s be honest, you’ll have to quadruple the recipe to have leftovers) then put it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will harden into a soft, gooey fudge like consistency. Then keep a spoon handy on the counter and dip it in every time you pass by. This serves the same purpose as the always-open bags of chocolate chips that Kate and I both have in our pantries. Don’t deny it Kate. << These girls and I have so much in common. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good timing! I was just thinking of giving my neighbors homemade caramel and hot fudge sauces for Christmas. :)

~Kelly B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...