Monday, October 27, 2014

campfire cones

I found this recipe online and thought it looked like a GENIUS idea. I tried it out on our cabin trip and they were yummy; they just needed to bake longer than I expected (20+ minutes).

Read more about them here-
Campfire Cones filled with your favorite s’more ingredients can be made on the grill, in the oven, or heated over a campfire! If you haven’t tried Campfire Cones before, you my friend, are missing out! Don’t let the name deceive you either, you do NOT need a campfire to make these fun s’mores-like treats! Campfire Cones can be made on the grill and in the oven in addition to the option to heat them over a campfire.
Recipe & pic found in the link below-
Campfire Cones

Prep Time: 5mn
Cook Time: 7mn
Total Time: 12mn 

INGREDIENTS 
Ice Cream Cones 
Aluminum foil 
Favorite s’mores toppings: 
peanut butter, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, etc. 

DIRECTIONS
 Line each cone with peanut butter if you wish. 
Fill with your favorite toppings, I used chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. 
Wrap each cone tightly with foil.
Oven directions: Bake at 350 for 5-7 minutes. 
Grill directions: Place on a heated grill for 5-10 minutes, turning occasionally. 
Campfire directions: Heat the foil-wrapped cones over a campfire for about 3-5 minutes, or until the chocolate and marshmallows have melted.

Recipe: http://centercutcook.com/campfire-cones/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...