Chicken nuggets are a big part of our diet for a house of 3 kids. Now we can eat these and feel completely good about that choice! Such a relief to have this great recipe. It will be a staple in our home. :)
I am SO excited to have found this recipe! (Actually I took a couple recipes and combined them.) My concoction turned out AWESOME! They were delicious, the WHOLE family loved them and I'll be making them weekly, probably in a double or triple recipe.
Picture & Ingredients from- allergyfreealaska.comI am SO excited to have found this recipe! (Actually I took a couple recipes and combined them.) My concoction turned out AWESOME! They were delicious, the WHOLE family loved them and I'll be making them weekly, probably in a double or triple recipe.
Directions from- thepaleomom.com
Recipe by ME (sorta)
Yield: 4-6 servings
Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken breasts or tenderloins, cut into strips
1 c. Blanched almond flour (I use Honeyville)
1 T. Flax meal, optional in my opinion
1 t. Paprika
1/2 t. Garlic powder
1/2 t. Sea salt
1/2 t. Dried parsley
1/4 t. Poultry seasoning
Ground black pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
1 T. Water
Directions:
1. Preheat over to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, or use a Silpat liner.
2. Combine almond flour and spices in a pie plate or shallow dish.
3. Mix egg with water in another pie plate or shallow dish.
4. Dry chicken with paper towel. Dip in egg the dip in almond flour mixture, coating all sides and press to adhere. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
5. Bake for 16-18 minutes, turning once in the middle of baking, until completely cooked (internal temperature should reach 180F).

2 comments:
made these last night and we all loved them! Thank you so much for sharing!! we have been trying to "healthy up" some of Luke's favorites and this is going to be agreat way to do that :)
thanks so much for sharing! have been trying to "healthy up" some of Luke's favorites. Tried this last night and we all loved it!!
Post a Comment