Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The proof is in the...batter?

Alivia and I made one of our old standard recipes yesterday-

Double Chocolate Brownies

3/4 c. Baking Cocoa
1/2 t. Baking Soda
2/3 c. Butter, melted, divided
1/2 c. Water, boiling
2 c. Sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 c. Flour
1 t. Vanilla
1/4 t. Salt
1/2 c. Pecans, optional
1 c. Semi-sweet chocolate chips- NOT optional :)

Combine cocoa & baking soda. Blend in 1/3 c. melted butter. Add boiling water, and stir mixture. Add sugar, eggs, and remaining butter.
Add flour, vanilla, and salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes.

These will NOT fail to satisfy that "chocolate urge" you've been having.
**Note: due to DOUBLE chocolate content, it is recommended that they be consumed alongside a cold glass of milk, or a scoop of ice cream.

They are simply delectable, as you can tell. :)

2 comments:

Bizz said...

You know how I feel about this.
Mmmm.

Katy said...

Yummy! I'm hoping that with all the nursing with our new little guy that I can take off some weight quickly (it worked with Grant) - but when (not if, but when) I make these brownies...it will not help that cause. :)

Love the new picture of the fam - you are all so adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...