Wednesday, May 25, 2011

mango chicken

I bought some Mango Salsa at the store, unsure as to what I would do with it but it sounded fun and different and I'd seen it in other recipes. Then I found this recipe, and it's a keeper. It's similar to this Cafe Rio Pork recipe, but with chicken, and possibly lighter flavors with the mango salsa.  It was SO easy AND so yummy! Next time I might try mango (peach) chicken over coconut rice.

2 lbs. chicken breast, sliced or 15-20 frozen chicken tenders {in bag from costco they are quite small.}

2 cups mango salsa {costco kind with peach is the best.}  No costco around here so I used regular mango salsa.
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 TBSP salt

Directions
Put salsa, brown sugar & salt in a mixing bowl, and mix. then add frozen chicken tenders. leave 8-10 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high. shred chicken.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...