Fried Rice
My new FAVORITE Fried Rice Recipe, which I've adapted from Our Best Bites, who adapted their's from DisneyWorld’s Ohana Restaurant (at the Polynesian Resort)
This makes WAY too much rice for us, so I use 1 c. rice + 2 c. water, and yes- it really helps to have the rice COLD, so make it that morning, and chill it, or a day ahead or whatever...
3 Tbsp. butter
1/4 c. minced red onion
2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 c. chopped carrots
1/2 c. chopped mushrooms
3-
SEASONING:
1 Tbsp. dried onion
1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 ½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. celery salt
1 ½ tsp. sugar
I'm pretty positive the reason I love THIS fried rice recipe over so many others I've tried is because of the AWESOME SEASONING flavors! Really. I think that's what those other recipes lack. I love this flavor and yeah, it is a little weird that it has a slight Polynesian tang to it, but I LOVE IT! Hallelujah! I finally found a Fried Rice recipe I LOVE. I can rest from my quest and just be happy to have this on hand whenever I want some Chinese. :)
Boil water and add rice. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes. This step can be done even up to 2-3 days in advance (and for some reason, fried rice tastes better when the rice is cold).
Heat butter over medium heat and saute onions, carrots,
OPTIONAL ADD-INS:
–Peas, snap peas, or pea pods
–Ham
–Shrimp
–Leftover Roasted Chicken
To make this a complete meal, I made-
Teriyaki Chicken & Chicken Spring Rolls
Teriyaki Chicken
1 lb. chicken breast, sliced
teriyaki marinade
I didn't have a lot of time, so for this round of Teriyaki Chicken, I took the easy way out. After I sliced up my chicken breast, I poured some teriyaki marinade (from the store) over the chicken, tossed it around, and put it in the fridge to marinate for about an hour (it says it only needs a half hour, but I had some time). Then I got out my grill pan, and grilled it up (2-3 minutes per side). It turned out alright. Now I'm on the hunt for great Teriyaki Chicken recipe. I might try this one, or this one.
I bought a box of our favorite Chicken Spring Rolls and baked them. Easy. Cheated, but sometimes it's necessary and so delicious!
And that's it! Our favorite, new Chinese, go-to recipe! Woowhoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment