Friday, May 17, 2013

crockpot mac & cheese

I don't know how it is that this recipe hasn't made it to my blog before! This is a family favorite! I've been making it for over a year now. I guess I've always thought "Oh yeah, I use that recipe all the time. I must've blogged about it before." Well, I finally checked to make sure and it was NO where to be found on here! I take this to our family gatherings and it's a big hit every time! Write this one down! Perfect for your summer BBQs and you don't have to heat up the house for it!

(uber-cheesy) Crockpot Mac & Cheese

Ingredients:
1 lb. rotini or noodle of choice, cooked according to package directions (I prefer rotini because there are so many places for the cheesy goodness to hide)
Slow cooker plastic liner** A MUST- can you imagine cleaning this dish without a liner? What a sticky mess!

Cheese sauce:
1 stick of butter
1 can (14 oz.) evaporated milk
1 can Cheddar Cheese Soup
2 slices swiss cheese
3 slices American cheese
1 lb (yellow) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 t. salt
3/4 t. pepper
1/2 t. ground mustard
1/4 t. nutmeg

Directions:
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
  2. While pasta is cooking, place slow cooker liner over slow cooker insert. Set aside.
  3. Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add milk, cheddar cheese soup, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk to combine. Bring to a boil briefly (you don't want it to burn on the bottom), then remove from heat and stir in cheeses.
  4. Pour cheese sauce over noodles. Stir to combine, then transfer to lined slow cooker.Cook on low 2-3 hours.
  5. OR pour into a greased 9x13 pan, cover with foil and bake @ 350* for 30+ minutes.
This is a DEFINITE crowd pleaser AND it warms up really nice the next day- just drizzle a little water before you heat it up and sauce is just as creamy as the 1st serving!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...