Thursday, May 22, 2014

{unbelieveable!} Cafe Rio Salad

We Cafe Rio and are so happy to have found some great copycat recipes that we can recreate here at home. (Find those recipes here, here and here.) The last time we went to Cafe Rio I had their sweet pork on a salad. It was phenomenal!! I wrote down all the ingredients so I could recreate it here at home and I did! Hooray! It's wo wonderful! I can't wait for you to try this one!

Ingredients-
Romaine lettuce, chopped
Cotija cheese (found with the specialty cheeses at the grocery store)
Lime juice 
Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Tortilla strips or tortilla chips, lightly crushed

If you want to assemble it like they do at Cafe Rio, then follow the instructions below; otherwise, assemble however you like. 

The Cafe Rio way-
Put a burrito-sized tortilla on your plate, cover with cheese, add you rice, pork, and beans and heat in the microwave or oven to melt cheese. Then top with romaine, add cotija cheese, a drizzle of lime juice (which really makes a big difference), a few tortilla strips and a little cilantro. Get your fork and dig in! You are in heaven!

If you're wanting to make this more low- carb, then skip out on the base tortilla and tortilla strips on top. 

I made a batch of the Cafe Rio foods and my hubby and I happily (almost excitedly) ate this salad every day for lunch for at least 4 days. It was fantastic every time and it will be put on "the rotation". So delicious and fresh! I love this food!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...