Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Cauli rice

I was skeptical about this recipe but I was very pleasantly surprised! With the celery and onions it tastes like stuffing, sort of. You can't even taste the cauliflower!

I served it with my BELOVED Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki. It was a perfect match. And, as I warmed these leftovers up, they were delicious time and time again. This recipe combo (Cauli Rice & Crockpot Chicken Teriyaki will be put on our "rotation"!) 

I'm so happy I found this recipe! The 2nd time I made this recipe, I added the flavors from "Our Best Bites" Fried Rice; these flavors perfected this rice!


Cauliflower Rice

Ingredients:
3 T olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
2-4 stalks of celery, finely chopped (I was glad I only used 2 instead of 4 because even with 2 stalks there was a ton of celery)
1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and coarsely chopped 
1/4 t sea salt

Directions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion for 8-10 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
2. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower (in small batches) until it is the texture of rice. Add the cauliflower to the skillet, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Stir in the salt and serve.

Fried Rice seasonings-
SEASONING:
1 Tbsp. dried onion
1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 ½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. celery salt
1 ½ tsp. sugar

Stir in about 1/2 this mixture into your Cauli Rice and save the rest for next time. DELICIOUS!

*Side note: I tried the Stir fry recipe from the picture above and it was MASSIVE FAILURE! The sauce was too gelatinous and the taste wasn't quite right. Very sad. I was so excited to use all sorts of yummy veggies, including some adventurous bok choy. It did NOT turn out. Guess I'll keep looking for the ULTIMATE stir fry recipe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...