I am a record keeper. My favorite, most creative way to do this is through scrapbooking; you can combine your pictures and pretty pages along with the story and it makes it more interesting than just putting the pictures in an album with no explanation.
I've been scrapbooking for about 20 years (sheesh that makes me sound old) and I really enjoy it. It keeps evolving; this industry has changed so much in that time frame and I'm happy to say I've learned from all the changes along the way.
I have an excellent memory when it comes to names and numbers, but I'm not so good at telling you what I are for lunch 2 days ago. This is why I scrapbook- not only so I can remember these precious memories but so my children can know and remember them too.
Getting out our scrapbooks is one of our favorite things to do, especially on Sundays. The boys love just looking at the pictures and remembering those moments and Alivia loves readings what I wrote about her.
She was looking through her preschool album saying "oh I remember that!"
As they looked at their albums it made my heart smile. :) This is why I scrapbook- to see them enjoy them and remember those moments. I love that you can see Alivia's smile from under her cheekbones. :) She kept her album out for a few days and looked at it day after day. She really enjoys them. I know the boys will too once they learn how to read my handwriting (which is always a work in progress).



No comments:
Post a Comment