Monday, March 16, 2015

Bathroom renovation

We were able to renovate our bathroom and finished just a while ago. But first, I have to show you the transformation it's gone through.

This is what it looked like when we bought the house 8 years ago.
Jack & Jill bathroom. 4" white tiles everywhere, carpet, and thick, oriental-themed wallpaper.

A few months after we moved in we tore down the wallpaper, painted the walls red, painted the cabinets brown and then later took down the shower door. Ahhh. So much better. (Sadly I don't have a picture to document that but you can get an idea as we started demolishing it for the FULL rehaul.)
No more white tiles everywhere and no more leaky spot under the tub! Woohoo! I can breathe better already!

Looking great! New 18" gray tiles. Love love LOVE THEM!
HOLY COW! How is this possible?! Is this my house?! I feel like I'm in a hotel! My father-in-law is amazing. He did ALL of this, with a little help from us. Doesn't it look great?! We love the huge mirror that takes up that whole space. It really makes the room bigger. New semi-custom cabinets, along with an engineered quartz countertop, (custom) lights, bead board all around. Love love LOVE it all!
No more knee wall. It really opens it up. This IS a big bathroom. 
New curved tub and tub surround with TONS of storage!! Awesome!
And last but not least, new shelving unit in the linen closet. SO MUCH STORAGE! Woohoo! (Note: I was SO excited to re-organize this because I LOVE to do that! Looks great and everything in it's place.)
Thank you SO very much to my very talented father-in-law. He is fantastic and we love it all. Thank you so much! And a big thank you to our tile guy Tim and my sweet hubby for helping get it all done. It's wonderful!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...