Wednesday, December 9, 2009

honey mustard-and-bacon smothered chicken

Honey mustard, you say? I haven't been the biggest fan about honey mustard myself, UNTIL I tried this recipe. Now I think I'll be giving it more of a chance in the future. It's YUMMY in this recipe.

Honey Mustard-and-Bacon Smothered Chicken is another great recipe from my Southern Living at Home "Busy Moms Weeknight Favorites" cookbook. This other yummy recipe is from this same cookbook. So far, everything I've tried from this book is SCRUMPTIOUS! Here's how this one goes-

4 chicken breasts
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 T. butter
1 T. vegetable oil
1/4 c. honey-mustard dressing
8 fully cooked bacon slices
1/4 c. (1 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend

1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

2. Melt butter with oil (doing this brings the melting point of the butter up closer to that of the oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook 8 minutes on each side or until done.

3. Reduce heat to medium-low; brush chicken with honey-mustard dressing. Top each chicken with 2 bacon slices and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts.

**Don't want to smell like bacon the rest of the night because you cooked it in a frying pan? Do what I do, thanks to Martha & Ina.
1. Get out a rimmed baking sheet, aluminum foil, and a cooling rack. Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil, then place the cooling rack on the covered baking sheet.

2. Place your uncooked bacon strips on the cooling rack and bake for about 30 minutes in a 350* oven. When bacon is done, remove to a paper towel-covered plate to drain. Pour the liquid from your baking sheet into an empty can or mug to cool (and be discarded later).

3. When your pans and bacon have cooled, throw the aluminum foil away and add hot water and a little soap to your baking sheet. Turn the cooling rack upside down to soak with the baking sheet. Once these dishes are done your house will NOT smell like bacon anymore. Maybe that's a bad thing... :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...