Tuesday, January 19, 2010

chicken caesar salad

My family and I LOVE this recipe! In hindsight, it's not that difficult of a recipe and I probably could've figured this all out on my own, but anyway. I love eating salad, but couldn't really enjoy a homemade salad until I had this one. Give it a try!

1 envelope GOOD SEASONS Gourmet Caesar Salad Dressing mix
1/4 c. lemon juice
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into strips or chunks
6 c. romaine lettuce, torn
1 c. croutons
1/2 c. parmesan cheese

1. Prepare salad dressing as directed on envelope, substituting lemon juice for vinegar.

2. Cook and stir chicken in 1 T. of prepared dressing in skillet on medium heat until cooked through.

3. Place lettuce, chicken, croutons and cheese in large bowls. Add dressing; toss to coat.

**Double the amount of chicken you use in order to use up the salad and the dressing. After having a few of these salads I like to dice the chicken smaller, add some shredded cheese to a couple of tortillas in a skillet and make myself a chicken caesar quesadilla. Fancy shmancy!

**Can't find this specific dressing mix? Buy your favorite Caesar dressing and it's that much easier.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...