I think the rate is about $70 for a 40 page book, but I had 200+ pages in my book and that was still the price. It was a nice surprise! But I found a couple coupons to use, so I didn't end up paying that much. SWEEEET! I was so happy.
Here's an example of the pages. Note the various layouts and pictures/collages I was able to put in.
In days past, I've been a scrapbooker, and still am deep down. BUT, having 3 little ones doesn't leave much time for the type of scrapbooking I used to do. So now I'm using this. It's great- comes with slotted pages for pictures and journal cards, etc. I can add a few decorative touches, write a little or a LOT about each picture and I'm done. It's awesome! The hard part of figuring out layouts and color schemes is taken care of.
With this system, I feel like I can still keep up (or hope to) with documenting my kids' lives while using small amounts of my time. AND I use my blog book to reference back so I can remember all the details of the page I'm "scrapbooking". My goal is to do this Project Life for each of my kids, and the blog book for me (or our family record).
I titled this post "My new reason to blog" because it is. Because I can now make a hard copy (book) of my blog and use it as my family scrapbook/yearbook, I am motivated to write it all down and document it.
Oh and I'm sure you noticed I haven't been using picture collages anymore. I was using Picasa and really enjoying it, until I put together my blog book and had a hard time fitting the collages in as completely as I wanted to, AND because the program ended up giving our computer grief and we deleted it.
SO if anyone out there has a better solution to posting TONS of individual pictures that ISN'T with Picasa (and won't break the bank), please let me know. But, if you're like me, I have to admit, I don't generally READ all of other's posts anyway. :/ I just scroll down through the pictures, stop and read about one I find interesting and continue along. Sorry folks, that's the honest truth. I just don't have the time to peruse them as I'd like, so this is what I do for now. And come on, you do it too. :)


3 comments:
Very cool. Yeah blurb! 200 pages is a lot of editing work. Good job Chera! I enjoyed the wedding recap, too. Weren't we just at school and your baby sister came to visit all young and stuff. Whatever, time sure does fly! What I remember about Josh was that he gave a hilarious talk at one of our first sacrament meetings at the Y. The rest of our time there, he was in Germany and you were always saying that you were in that 2% of girls who wait for their missionary men and it actually works. You were right =)
I love the blog book invention! That's what a lot of my friends are doing, and I guess I can do that too. "Bree's Single Years"... I'm sure it would be an awesome treasure to look back on in 40 years. Yee haw! keep up the good work.
I keep thinking I need to print my blog out. Next time you find all those good deals let me know.
Post a Comment