This is a recipe that probably not many of you out there will even consider trying, but I'm mostly posting it so I can have it in this year's blog book (which I hope to finish soon). This is an interesting recipe discovered by my Aunt Melanie a long time ago. She brought it to our Christmas Eve get-together and it's been a staple ever since. I'm so glad I was brave enough to try it. Typically, this type of salad does NOT appeal to me, but this time I got lucky.
I mentioned this recipe a long time ago here but never actually posted it, until now.
BROCCOLI SALAD
Salad-
1-2 bunches of broccoli
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1/2 c. raisins, soaked overnight**
10 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
Dressing-
1 c. mayo/miracle whip
1/2 c. sugar
2 T. vinegar
Toss all together in a bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
**I rarely remember this step, so instead I do this. I pour my 1/2 c. raisins into a liquid measuring cup, cover with water and zap them in the microwave for 1 minute. Then I let them sit while I preparing the rest of the salad. This works great and they plump up just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment