Let me tell you! I think this is going on the annual rotation. (I say annual because I can only eat 2 of them MAX per day because they're so sweet and delicious!) FYI- This is a Paula Deen/Food Network recipe SO YOU KNOW IT"S YUMMY & RICH!
**Note: THERE ARE NO EGGS in this recipe so it's completely safe for eating. Pig out!
Click on her link to see some great pics of "how to"
adapted from FoodNetwork1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
14 oz can sweetened, condensed milk
3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
To coat: 1 lb chocolate disks or chocolate chips (original recipe calls for 1 1/2 lbs. disks; I had a lot of extra melted chocolate so I'll cut down the amount for next time.)
1. In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and add milk. Add chocolate morsels, mixing well. (Chill in fridge for about 30 minutes. This really helps since the dough is so soft and sticky.)
2. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper; chill 2 hours.
3. Since the dough is sticky, roll your fingers into flour. This will make it easier to roll.
4. Melt chocolate chips or disks in a double boiler. Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Place on waxed paper and chill to set. Store in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Keep them chilled when they're not being consumed. :)
3 comments:
I just made a batch for my co-workers because I've been raving about them since Christmas! LOL
Tried your one-dish italian chicken and potatos tonight, we all loved it!! Look forward to trying my hand at some of your yummy-looking treats for fhe next week! Cute kids, love Alivia's hair all crimped out! Miss you guys too.
Seriously, did you have to post this?? Anything with the words 'cookie dough' in it and I'm all ears. I'll have to try this sometime. Oh, and I'm not worried about the egg issue with cookie dough - I've eaten my weight in cookie dough over my life and have been just fine...though if I ever did get sick...what a way to get sick!
Post a Comment