Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fluffernutter Fudge

If anyone out there does NOT know what "fluffernutter" means, you are not alone. Until I moved back here I'd never heard of it. Maybe it's not specifically East Coast, but more just the combination of Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Creme, which I'd never placed together until I met my husband. It's one of his favorite sandwiches- PB & Marshmallow Creme, with the occasional banana.  Anyway, I renamed this recipe as Fluffernutter Fudge because I didn't realize there are regular PB Fudge recipes WITHOUT marshmallow creme. Anyway, it is super delicious and not healthy at all. That's why it's one of those "seasonal, holiday treats." :)

2 c. creamy peanut butter
1- 7.5 oz jar marshmallow creme
4 c. sugar
2 T. butter
1 t. Vanilla
1 c. + 3T. evaporated milk

1. Dump PB & marshmallow creme in a BIG mixing bowl; set aside.

2. Place all other ingredients in a saucepan. Boil for 3 minutes, and stir occasionally. Then pour over PB & creme mixture. Stir thoroughly until all the solid components are melted.

3. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan and chill at least 2-3 hours. (As you can see, this makes a HUGE recipe. So there is plenty to share. Your neighbors, friends and family will love (and hate) ;) you for it.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...