Hubby snatched up that idea and we bought tickets that night! They'd apparently been on sale for a couple months but our tickets were still pretty good.
Michael Buble is probably one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) entertainers of all time and I've been wanting to see him in concert for a while and this was our chance. (The last time he was in the area I was just 1 month post-partum with Jackson, so that was a "no go". This time I'm about 7 months pregnant with boy #2 and it worked out great! A little uncomfortable in the seats, but luckily the concert was "rockin'" enough that we were on our feet a bit.)
I'm not a big concert-goer, but when I do go, I see the BIG names. For example, my 1st concert was with my sister for my 18th birthday to see GARTH BROOKS! Other concerts I've seen include: Billy Joel, James Taylor, (Nickle Creek) and now Michael Buble. What a variety! But honestly, this was THE BEST CONCERT I'VE EVER BEEN TO! It was amazing! He is so talented, along with his band, WOW! He sang most of the songs from his current "Crazy Love" album, including: Feeling Good, Home, Lost, Everything, I Just Haven't Met You Yet, Sway, and about 6 other songs, including a Michael Jackson impression of "Billy Jean".
Mr Buble is so natural on the stage, great stage presence, and has a way of getting the entire crowd involved and feel like they're a part of the show. He encouraged us to get up and dance if we felt so inclined and just have a good time. After a mob rushed the stage he coached them to go back to their seats, he'd get to them later, he promised. "These people in the front rows paid GOOD money" and you need to go sit down. ALter in the show, he walked down the isle and back to the sound table area where he sang a few songs. He even picked up a lady's red blackberry phone, sang into it, then spoke to the person on the phone during a guitar interlude! IT was crazy! Can you imagine having THAT phone call? Wowza.
He'd been touring Europe for a few months and our concert was the 1st one back in the States and he said he was SO happy to be back in the States. We have the greatest fans, he said, no really. He said over and over again how we were such a great crowd for him and for his encore he sang a song I'd never heard before but it was something like "I sing this for you" and he got all emotional and teary-eyed. It was very touching and unexpected.
Mr Buble is so natural on the stage, great stage presence, and has a way of getting the entire crowd involved and feel like they're a part of the show. He encouraged us to get up and dance if we felt so inclined and just have a good time. After a mob rushed the stage he coached them to go back to their seats, he'd get to them later, he promised. "These people in the front rows paid GOOD money" and you need to go sit down. ALter in the show, he walked down the isle and back to the sound table area where he sang a few songs. He even picked up a lady's red blackberry phone, sang into it, then spoke to the person on the phone during a guitar interlude! IT was crazy! Can you imagine having THAT phone call? Wowza.
He'd been touring Europe for a few months and our concert was the 1st one back in the States and he said he was SO happy to be back in the States. We have the greatest fans, he said, no really. He said over and over again how we were such a great crowd for him and for his encore he sang a song I'd never heard before but it was something like "I sing this for you" and he got all emotional and teary-eyed. It was very touching and unexpected.
I had an awesome night with my date! We both sincerely enjoyed the concert and just being together. Happy 9th Anniversary hun! And thank you for such a special night! xoxo


1 comment:
I LOVE this song. It's called "Song For You" which I'm sure you've since discovered and downloaded if you guys didn't already have it. But as a lyrics girl, you must know, I LOVE THESE LYRICS.
Pay attention to verses two and three. Uh-may-zing!!!
Post a Comment