This was the 1st time I've made this recipe and it is a new FAVORITE! SO yummy!
1- 5.5oz box seasoned croutons, finely crushed
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 egg whites
2 T. water
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6-12 cooked ham slices
6 Swiss cheese slices
honey mustard dressing, optional.
1. Preheat oven to 450*. Get your broiler pan ready. (I cover the bottom of the pan with aluminum foil for easier clean-up.). Spray the top broiler rack with Pam.
2. Combine the crouton crumbs, and Parmesan cheese in a large zip-lock plastic bag; seal and shake well. Whisk together egg whites and 2 T. water in a shallow bowl (I used a pie dish). Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Dip 1 chicken breast in egg white mixture; place in plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat. Place chicken on lightly greased rack in broiler pan. Repeat the procedure with remaining chicken, egg white mixture, and crouton mixture.
3. Bake at 450* for 20 minutes. Then, top each breast with 1 ham slice (I used 2 each b/c my ham was really thin lunchmeat variety), and 1 Swiss cheese slice. Bake 3-5 more minutes or until cheese melts. Serve with honey mustard dressing, if desired.
1 comment:
i love cordon bleu, i'll have to try this.
Post a Comment