from "Everyday Food" Magazine
I LOVE chinese food- I'd love to eat it about once a week, but that gets a bit spendy, so here's how I make it through AND get "my fix". It's really quick and easy too! Win WIN!
3/4 c. rice
1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into 2" chunks
2 egg whites
1/4 c. cornstarch
salt and pepper
3 T. honey
2 T. sesame seeds
2 T. soy sauce
1 garlic clove, finely chopped or crushed, OR 1/4 t. garlic powder
2 T. vegetable/olive oil
4 scallions, thinly sliced- optional
1. Cook rice according to package directions. (I like my rice a little on the drier side, so I do a water to rice ratio about almost 1:1. For example, I use 1 c. water with 3/4 c. rice.)
2. Meanwhile, make sauce. In a small bowl, combine honey, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and garlic; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites and cornstarch. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 T. oil over medium-high. Add half the chicken; cook, turning occasionally, until golden and opaque throughout, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to plate/bowl; repeat with remaining 1 T. oil and chicken. Return all chicken to skillet; add reserved sauce and scallions, and toss to coat.
Now, If only I could make my own egg rolls, I'd be PERFECTLY set...
1 comment:
Ooo, that looks good. I'm not great at cooking Chinese food, but I love to eat it. I think I might just have to try this one.
Post a Comment