Monday, May 21, 2012

what's cookin?

Back in January we got rid of our Cable TV, which has been fine, although I occasionally miss the Food Network, HGTV and Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness! And instead, we bought a Roku, which allows us to run our Netflix through our TV along with getting other internet channels, such as Hulu Plus, BYU TV, and many many more!

I started watching the Food Nanny and was intrigued with her idea of planning out 2 weeks worth of menus at a time. Genius! So often I find I'm wondering what to make for dinner that night, and then dreading doing it again the next night.  Her plan makes it so easy. I do it once and I'm done for 2 weeks!

Although, after about a month of doing this, I ended up making my own 3-week spreadsheet and I'm liking planning 3 weeks at a time EVEN BETTER! Check out these cool FREE spreadsheets I found! You can choose WEEKLY, 2 weeks, or even MONTHLY menu plans!

Honestly, this new way of planning has made things so much easier. If something comes up and I need to change plans, I have many other "plans" I can switch with because I've already chosen them, and often times I already have those ingredients too.  Whew! This is great!

Here's a list of what I've been cooking these past few months:
(*Note: I have tried some other recipes, but I only post ones that we liked well-enough to make again.)
bacon & egg empanadas
sauteed chicken with asparagus & mushrooms
wet enchiladas
chicken caesar salad
penne with grilled chicken, asparagus, gorgonzola & carmelized onions
chicken milan with roasted asparagus
black bean quesadillas
italian pasta bake
fiesta fajitas
baked creamy chicken taquitos
crab cakes
asparagus shrimp pasta
ultimate spaghetti & meatballs
cafe rio pork, green chile rice, cilantro salad dressing, black beans
rich & easy clam chowder
cheesy ham casserole
priest lake lasagne
banana bread
peanut butter banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
chicken gorgonzola & orzo
healthy banana oat snack bars
green smoothie
stir-fried sesame asparagus & chicken
3 cheese chicken and penne
lighter sesame chicken
garlic & lemon shrimp with orzo
slow-cooker roast beef
taco soup
creamy white chicken chili
chicken enchilada casserole
chicken tortilla soup
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...